Food Rich Teen Multi Vitamin Once Daily Veg Tabs 60 Count
Healthy teens need specific levels of vitamins and minerals to optimize their well-being.* That’s why Livamed's Food Rich Teen Multi Once Daily is formulated specifically for teens aged 13 to 18: to support healthy bones and immune function.
- DESIGNED FOR TEENS: Especially Formulated for Teenage Boys and Girls, Aged 12 to 18.
- COMPLETE FORMULA: Includes Vitamins A, C, D3, E, K2, B-Complex (Folate, B6, B12, Biotin), and Essential Minerals such as Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Selenium, & Iodine.
- PURE INGREDIENTS: Does NOT contain GMOs, Gluten, Soy, Yeast, Sugar, Dairy, Eggs, Corn, Nuts, Caffeine, Coloring, Preservatives, or Flavoring. Gluten Free. No Soy. Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians.
- HEALTH BENEFITS: Supports Clear Skim, Immunity, Energy, Mental Focus, Supports Eye and Brain Health. Hair Growth, Muscle Recovery. Provides Growth Support for Children, Preteens, and Teenagers.
- QUALITY NUTRIENTS: Methylated B Complex, Vegan Vitamin D, Plant Based Vitamin C, Natural Beta Carotene, Wholefood Lutein, & Non GMO Zeaxanthin.
Teen Multi Once Daily has the following benefits:
- Provides 100% of the Daily Value for 19 vitamins and minerals
- Offers antioxidants, choline and green foods, organic fruit & vegetables
Adolescent Health Statistics
Roughly 80% of high school students do not eat fruits and vegetables five or more times per day. Almost 80% of adolescent females do not consume enough calcium. During the last 25 years, consumption of milk, the largest source of calcium, has decreased 36% among adolescent females. More youth are fracturing their bones than children a generation ago—specifically, “Fracture incidence has increased by one-third in boys and one-half in girls compared to a generation ago.” Possible causes include the large increase in childhood obesity, replacement of milk with other beverages such as soda and juice and less physical activity due to increased “screen time” such as playing video games or being on the computer” . Calcium from the diet and physical activity are major factors associated with fracture risk—that is, the greater the calcium intake, the lower the risk of fracture.
A large number of high school students use unhealthy methods to lose or maintain weight. A nationwide survey found that during the 30 days preceding the survey, 11.8% of students went without eating for 24 hours or more; 4.3% had vomited or taken laxatives in order to lose weight; and 5.9% had taken diet pills, powders, or liquids without a doctor's advice. Hunger and food insufficiency in children are associated with poor behavioral and academic functioning.
Vitamin D Deficiency and Teens
Overall, 9% of the pediatric population, representing7.6 million US children and adolescents, were vitamin D deficient and 61%, representing 50.8 million US children and adolescents had insufficient levels. Only 4% had taken 400 IU of vitamin D per day for the past 30 days. Girls, and non-Hispanic black or Mexican-Americans were more likely to be deficient. Those who used vitamin D supplementation were less likely to be deficient. Vitamin D deficiency was associated with higher parathyroid hormone levels, higher systolic blood pressure, lower serum calcium, and lower high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or “good”) cholesterol levels compared with those with 25(OH)D (serum vitamin D) levels 30 ng/mL. In another study, low serum vitamin Din US adolescents was strongly associated with hypertension, hyperglycemia, and metabolic syndrome, independent of adiposity.
It is generally accepted that organic produce and grains contain fewer pesticides and other potentially harmful chemicals compared to non-organic counter parts. Some studies show organic produce may confer more nutrients. In addition, supporting organic farming may assist the environment in part by offering sustainable farming practices.
Our Teen Multi Once Daily tablets provide 100% of the Daily Value for 19 vitamins and minerals, plus offers organic fruit and vegetables, green foods, choline, and bioflavonoids to support nutrient absorption.
Take 1 tablet per day.